Movies with a Downtown View 2021
presented by Buckingham Properties
Movies With a Downtown View presented by Buckingham Properties is a series of FREE movie showings in downtown Rochester, NY. Each year these events are produced by the Washington Square Community Association in partnership with MetroPops, and could not happen without the support of all of our amazing sponsors.
Dates & Movies all “At the 5” in Center City:
- July 16th: CANCELED due to weather
- August 6th: Black Panther, Le Petit Poutine, Neno’s, & Rita’s Italian Ice
- August 20th: Jumanji, (1995 film!) with Wraps on Wheels & Eat Me Ice Cream
- Sept. 3rd: The Post, food from Le Petit Poutine, Meat the Press, & Rita’s Italian Ice
- Location: Parcel 5 – 285 E. Main Street
- Event Start: event starts at 7pm and movie will start around sunset!
- Bring a blanket and a picnic, or purchase from our onsite Food Trucks, from The Mercantile, or pop into DGX for some snacks; if you are bringing chairs, be respectful of the viewing lines of those seated with blankets and setup farther back or along the perimeter.
- Sign up for the free Giveaways at the Washington Square Community Association table.
- The movies are always captioned and we have an ASL interpreter on hand for all announcements and raffle drawings.
- Find the Facebook events here: Movies With a Downtown View
- Parking: free street parking is available around Parcel 5 and the Midtown Parking Garage will be open for guests for free each movie night from 7-11pm!
2019 - Year 6
Back in the summer of 2019 we kicked-off Year 6 in Parcel 5 on Friday, July 12th with Napoleon Dynamite and then showed E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial in MLK Jr. Memorial Park on Friday, August 16th.
In 2018 we celebrated 5 Years with 5 Movies: Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Office Space, Sing Street, The Greatest Showman, and Hocus Pocus. The Muppets was on the schedule, but had to be cancelled due to rain.